NetSuite is Central to Your Business
NetSuite is the heart of billing and operations for thousands of companies. Due to the platform’s size and complexity, however, it can feel overwhelming trying to get a full picture of your Netsuite data together with data from the rest of your key sources.
If you’re a NetSuite customer and looking to add Panoply to your data stack, the days of struggling to get insights from your NetSuite data will soon be over. Our NetSuite Snap Connector makes syncing with your Panoply data warehouse quick and simple, and you can consolidate easily with your other data sources for comprehensive insights in minutes, not months.
Here’s our handy guide to getting connected with NetSuite and Panoply for quicker, actionable business insights in three easy steps.
3 Steps to NetSuite Data Insights
Step 1: Connect
Note: In order to use the NetSuite Snap Connector, you must have access to the NetSuite REST Query Service
There are two ways to connect your NetSuite account to Panoply.
- Using Netsuite’s credentials (OAuth 2.0)
- Token-Based Authentication (TBA)
Under the OAuth method, you’ll need to re-enter your credentials once a week to keep the account secure, so most users prefer the TBA connection for ongoing data ingestion. This way, your authentication is one-and-done and you can focus on the data.
To use the NetSuite TBA data source, make sure it’s enabled in your NetSuite account.
Getting connected:1. From the Home page in the Panoply dashboard, click Connectors.
2. Click Add Connector.
3. Select NetSuite. (this is the OAuth option)
4. Enter the Company ID
- Can’t find your company ID? No problem. If your company's URL is "https://example1234567.app.netsuite.com/", then your ID is "example1234567".
- Click Login and follow NetSuite's steps to log into your account.
- Enter the Account ID, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Token Secret. To obtain these, follow the steps outlined in Panoply’s configuration documentation here.
7. Make sure to click Save Changes first! After your changes are saved you can click Collect.
- Frequently asked questions:
- Is the data source supposed to look greyed out while the collection is running? Yes! Don’t worry, your collection is running as intended.
- Can I add additional data sources while the collection runs? Absolutely! Add as many sources as you need; this won’t interrupt the collection.
- Where do I monitor the data collection? You can easily monitor this and all collections from either the Jobs or Data Sources page.
- My collection was successful - where do I view the results? Navigate to the Tables page where you’ll find all your data collection results.
Step 2: Combine
Now that your NetSuite data is warehoused, you can follow similar steps (available in our documentation) for other Panoply Snap Connector data sources, or connect those without a Snap Connector with our Flex Connector.
With all critical business data now in the Panoply data warehouse, you can use the workbench to test and run SQL queries on all the data that informs your decisions at once. You can also save your queries as views in order to reuse them in the Panoply workbench, an external workbench, a visualization tool, or any BI tool that you want to connect to Panoply.
Step 3: Visualize
In order to become a truly end-to-end solution, we recently released in-platform visualization capabilities. Now, you’ll be able to see instant query results from the workbench on your NetSuite (and all other) data in three chart formats: pie, bar, and line. This cuts time to insights dramatically.
Keep in mind that while our visualization function isn’t intended to fully replace your BI tool of choice, it does provide quick insights and a “gut check” to make sure you’re on the right track with your data.
Why spend hours of manual work pulling insights from NetSuite, then from your other data sources, then trying to make them tell a story together from separate reports? Using Panoply as a single source of truth is the end of tedious, manual reporting.
Ready, Set, Insights
With that, you’re done! This is everything you need to start collecting NetSuite data and generating insights. Keep in mind, NetSuite is a massive and complex platform, so some users might want to look through our advanced settings to customize the NetSuite data source even further.
After you connect NetSuite and your other sources and start collecting data, you’ll gain a comprehensive view of your company. With all business data in a Panoply data warehouse, it’s much easier to analyze the full picture of your data and make decisions that drive your business forward.
Want to learn more? Request a free demo today.